Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story

Chapter 08 – The Philosopher’s Stone Proofing
Chapter 09 – A New Foe? Editing
Chapter 10 – Trouble for Lina Editing
Chapter 11 – Rezo, The Legendary Sage Editing

Title:Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story

Status: Typesetting chapter 7

Summary:
When Lina Inverse meets the dimwitted swordsman Gourry Gabriev, the two partner up in what should have been a temporary alliance… But when the two find themselves under constant attack by brutal demons out for their blood, they join up with Zelgadiss, a chimera desperately searching for a way to regain his former human body, and Amelia, a spunky princess with a penchant for justice! Join these four unlikely companions as they kick some Mazoku butt, lay the smack-down on bandits and Demon Lords alike, and search for fine cuisine – all in the name of massive collateral damage! A manga adaptation of the first eight novels.

Note: Our previous work on volume 8 will be removed until we reach that point in the story, and then redone to meet our current standards. Stay tuned!

Recommended reading order*:
Super Explosive Demon Story >> Slayers Light Magic >> Slayers Revolution >> Slayers Evolution-R >> Knight of Aqualord >> Hourglass of Falces

*Series can technically be read in any order following Super Explosive Demon Story, with the exception of Revolution and Evolution-R which must be read in order.

80 thoughts on “Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story

1. NW says:

Holy crap! You really ARE going to translate every Slayers volume, aren’t you?! I really, really appreciate all the work you’re going through just to provide the fans with an English translation.

2. Marmot says:

HOLY CRAP YOU ARE AWESOME. I paid absolutely through the nose collecting all the volumes of SEDS when they had only just gone out of print, only to discover that Vol. 8 wasn’t going to exist…which pissed me off so severely that the other 7 volumes have just lain there gathering dust for the past few years. And now you’re giving us a concluuuusion so it’s finally worth my while to read them and thankyou thankyou thankyou!

3. Puddles says:

Thanks so much for this! It was a suprise really, when I checked the updates today…I’ll also express interest in the earlier chapters!

4. gokudomatic says:

I love you. We poor bastards were dumped without consideration by the true bastards CPM, and there you come to save us in your holiness.
    How can we thank you enough?

5. ZippyZippy says:

More Slayers. I really am loving you guys! And considering the fact that I cannot find the earlier books I would enjoy if you did those too. :D

6. VFIN says:

You fellas have saved my life! I have been searching for these mangas months and months on and now you are telling me that you are going to have them on your page! I hope you do the rest of them as whell. Cant wait for the next one!!!
    You are saving many lifes whit your work!!!!

7. oddball says:

*Demands greatly*

Nah. More like…

*grovels pitifully* XD

Seriously, you’d make this gal extremely happy if you scanlate the rest of this series, something I’ve been looking for for a long time. I happily add my voice to the throng. ^_^

8. Catgirl the Crazy says:

Can I just comment on how AMAZING you guys are? Scanlating FOUR Slayers manga series simultaneously, not to mention your other projects.
    Most of the manga scanlations I’ve posted on my LJ community, slayerstransl8d were done by you. THANK YOU!!! *worships*

9. Catgirl the Crazy says:

oh yeah, and another thing. I’m really impressed by how professional looking these things are. The way you’ve formatted the text looks like something Tokyopop might’ve done.

Is it strange for me to be posting a comment for a release I helped work on? But oh man, I’ve wanted to read these for so long. The story seems really close to the novels, so if you’ve read all that, jumping right in is okay, but scanlating the whole thing… well (ahem) a lot of people seem to want it so far =3

11. Exclave says:

Looking forward to all releases of Slayers. Can’t find this thing anywhere translated with the exception of the first chapter of the first volume. My wife squeals in anticipation.

12. VilleFIN says:

If you wont do the rest of the SEDSs its like kicking me right in to the balls. So I hope you will not stop at 08!!!
    The demand is realy great!!!

13. Ironheart says:

By the name of everything dear to me, you really are translating Slayers!
    Could it be, that my 3 year-long quest to find this very special story is finally nearing an end?
    I hope you’re gonna release the earlier chapters too!

Many thanks, you are great!

14. melfra says:

@Darkmoon
    The first seven volumes were released stateside by a company called CPM Press, and while they’re now out of print, you can still find them easily on amazon.com and other sites. If demand is great enough (and so far it’s shaping out to be), we’re going back and redoing the first seven volumes after completing this eighth one. And to answer your question more directly, I don’t think any group ever scanlated the first 36 chapters.