Slayers: Knight of Aqua Lord

Title:Slayers: Knight of Aqua Lord
Author: Tommy Ohtsuka, Hajime Kanzaka (Character designs by Rui Araizumi)
Status: Complete
Summary:
After meeting the enigmatic woman Hureika in a seaside village during her travels, the beautiful genius sorceress Lina Inverse’s fate takes a dramatic turn. Separated from her partner Gourry, she finds herself swept ashore onto an unfamiliar land. Faced with violent monsters, she is suddenly unable to wield her magic…. But her grand adventures only begin once she is saved by Lyos, a boy who claims himself to be the “Knight of the Aqua Lord”….
Recommended reading order*: Super Explosive Demon Story >> Slayers Light Magic >> Slayers Revolution >> Slayers Evolution-R >> Knight of Aqualord >> Hourglass of Falces
*Series can technically be read in any order following Super Explosive Demon Story, with the exception of Revolution and Evolution-R which must be read in order.

34 thoughts on “Slayers: Knight of Aqua Lord

1. VilleFIN says:

Just a quick question since you have all the covers does that mean all the books have come out (and you have them waiting for translation)? If so can you tell me does the legend of agualord end there? man even the thought of that makes me sad.

Just keep up the awesome work that you are doing!!!!!!

P.S. I have been thinking this so mutsh that i got a headache, what coutry do you live in?

Just keep up the awesome work that you are doing!!!!!!

Aqualord ends with volume 6, and it’s been completed since… Hooboy, I guess for almost ten years now? OH GOD, it sounds pathetic when you put it that way. But the ending’s great, so no need to worry there. (Won’t spoil it!)

Aaaand Melly and I live in the US.

3. VilleFIN says:

10 years?? sorry I usually arent one to guestion people but I just can not belive that (Isn’t the anime about that old too). All the forums I have read are saying it’s NEW like light&magic and “the Stranded on a Island” story (sorry can’t remember the name)!

Oops, make that about five years old. (C’mon, I’m holding the volume right in front of me, give me at least a little credit here.) But yeah, it’s not new, it’s just that no one’s translated it, ‘cept for a handful of groups that’ve gotten the first couple of chapters out.

5. VilleFIN says:

Oh… Man that is truly weird, even when it’s something as good as this?

I guess this is just one of life’s big mysteries.

And of course I give you credit for everything you do,
    I just actually started to read Slayers (about half a year ago) whe I stumbled on to revolution on some website. So I’m still trying to comprehend the fact that slayers was “going up the hill” when I was still watching something like pokemon (I’m 17 now).

So I hope there is no hard feelings!

I think I have a good idea, can you make a list of all the slayers material that you know about? so all of us new people can know what to look for when searching for something new about slayers. (nothin big, a simple list would be nice)

Keep up the good work! (please)

Haha, oh gawd, easier said than done… Um, I guess I could try?

About 50 novels (eight of which have been translated by Tokyopop, no plans to continue with the rest)
    As for manga, there’s Slayers Special, Aqua Lord, Super Explosive Demon Story, Slayers Premium, Slayers Medieval Mayhem, Slayers Light Magic… maybe that’s it?

And then of course the three (now four) TV series, the six-or-something OVAs, three movies, at least three video games…

Uh, that’s all I can think of, ahaha.

7. VilleFIN says:

so there are a hole lot of things, heh! 50 novels? I only heard of 15, are they all from the same story or something like the ova’s? Also never hear of slayers spesial manga, do they have something to do with the rest of the novels? (this is getting a little of topic >_< heh)
    By the way Nice to know! Thanks!

I know it’s not a place for asking that thing, but .. I wanna know XD

What is this? 15 volumes already? O___o
    Thank you for answer .. =)))

Those are the new re-releases of the novels. (Which I probably won’t be translating. ^^;) They were originally published from 1990 until sometime in 2000, but they re-published them with new covers for Slayer’s tenth anniversary.

9. DiademChi says:

Thank you so much for hosting and translating Slayers! I can’t begin to tell you how happy I was to find your site. Please keep up the awesome efforts!