Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story

Title:Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story
Author:Shouko Yoshinaka(義仲 翔?) (Based on the works by Hajime Kanzaka)

Status: Scanning vol. 2

Summary:
When Lina Inverse meets the dimwitted swordsman Gourry Gabriev, the two partner up in what should have been a temporary alliance… But when the two find themselves under constant attack by brutal demons out for their blood, they join up with Zelgadiss, a chimera desperately searching for a way to regain his former human body, and Amelia, a spunky princess with a penchant for justice! Join these four unlikely companions as they kick some Mazoku butt, lay the smack-down on bandits and Demon Lords alike, and search for fine cuisine – all in the name of massive collateral damage! A manga adaptation of the first eight novels.

Note: Our previous work on volume 8 will be removed until we reach that point in the story, and to redo them to meet our current standards. Stay tuned!

Recommended reading order*:
Super Explosive Demon Story >> Slayers Light Magic >> Slayers Revolution >> Slayers Evolution-R >> Knight of Aqualord >> Hourglass of Falces
*Series can technically be read in any order following Super Explosive Demon Story, with the exception of Revolution and Evolution-R which must be read in order.

79 thoughts on “Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story

1. KrazyDawg says:

Slayers is awesome. Keep up the great work! I can’t wait to see the ending. I would also greatly appreciate it if you scanlated the remaining volumes.

2. Lushris says:

SHE’s ON FIRE!

No, really … i’ve been waiting like, for ever for a complete Slayers manga, since i think the book is always better, and i dont like anime that much … T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U.

3. LocaChoca says:

YAY!!! I’ve been waiting to read the end of this manga forever! Thank you so very very much for translating it, since CPM decided to just stop at the last book (jerkfaces). :D

4. DJ Fyshi says:

May CPM manga offer you tribute and beg forgiveness for their atrocities >=D

And you should totally upload it to onemanga also.

5. HIM says:

Hey, yeah, wow. You guys do stellar work with this whole scanlation thing. I’ve recently re-stoked my craving for Slayers by finishing the last two anime series so now I’m desperately scrambling to get my hands on all of the rest of the content.

Please do the earlier books! They’ll probably turn out better than the CPM release, anyway!

6. TheSimplePrincess says:

You guys are awesome ^_^ Hope you will do the other volumes.
    Or if you dont have enough people (or time) I can always ask if my group is willing to do a joint.

Thanks for doing volume 8 though ^_^

7. Lilo says:

*squeals*
    you guys are scanslating this series!
    i love you guys, i had almost given up hope ever since ayanami scanlations closed years ago
    +1 from me to the number of people who crave 1-7 of this series to be done!
    xoxo

8. motumbo says:

hey is this really the original manga??… consider me an ignorant idiot lol.. but i thought the ending was more similar to the anime.. and i read the first 3 volumes on a very shitty site (it didn’t even load correctly)… and the art was totally different(it was like old school manga.. but better than this one [the drawings..not the quality of scanlation])… anyways thanks a lot for the hard work

lol Observation of the Year! (actually I’m not being sarcastic for once)

This one is the original manga, or the most accurate spin off, I guess… It looks like the artist lost steam around this point because the volume is substantially, uh, less awesome than the earlier ones. This version is closer to the novel’s events for the whole Phibrizzo thing, but it ends at the same place as Next.

But just to double check, do you remember any of the events of the first volumes?

10. Winry says:

Uhm, I know that you won’t post here the first 7 volumes, ’cause someone else made them, but …
    PLEASE, tell me, who and where I coul find it!

PLEASE, tell me, who and where I coul find it!

I don’t think they were scanlated, but they were released in English by CPM. They’re now defunct, but you can find the volumes if you troll around on Ebay or Amazon.