Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story

Title:Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story
Author:Shouko Yoshinaka(義仲 翔?) (Based on the works by Hajime Kanzaka)

Status: Scanning vol. 2

Summary:
When Lina Inverse meets the dimwitted swordsman Gourry Gabriev, the two partner up in what should have been a temporary alliance… But when the two find themselves under constant attack by brutal demons out for their blood, they join up with Zelgadiss, a chimera desperately searching for a way to regain his former human body, and Amelia, a spunky princess with a penchant for justice! Join these four unlikely companions as they kick some Mazoku butt, lay the smack-down on bandits and Demon Lords alike, and search for fine cuisine – all in the name of massive collateral damage! A manga adaptation of the first eight novels.

Note: Our previous work on volume 8 will be removed until we reach that point in the story, and to redo them to meet our current standards. Stay tuned!

Recommended reading order*:
Super Explosive Demon Story >> Slayers Light Magic >> Slayers Revolution >> Slayers Evolution-R >> Knight of Aqualord >> Hourglass of Falces
*Series can technically be read in any order following Super Explosive Demon Story, with the exception of Revolution and Evolution-R which must be read in order.

79 thoughts on “Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story

1. piyoko_chan says:

Wow, thanks so much! I only have the first 3 vols of this series. It would be great to see the parts that are missing. I love you guys!!!

2. Alumina says:

Awesome.It’s really great to see that the last volume is being translated.Really such a shame it was discontinued..I have been a big fan of this series for years.

I only own the first three volumes as well.I’d really appreciate it,if you could do the rest.Keep up the good work!

3. Foxia says:

This is great. I’m glad you guys are picking this up since I own both the original Japanese Version and English version of both Mangas (each up to chapter 7) I’m still looking for the japanese version of Vol. 8 though. (To complete my japanese collection.)

If you guys happen to know where I can find a copy (I’ve checked ebay… none their.) I’d be most appreciative. ^_^

4. nara-chan says:

Thanks!!!! I love slayers, so i’m really thankfull (of course i plan of buying it when i have money… but at least… thanks!! (i’m working..)

5. Catgirl the Crazy says:

It’s really weird, comparing different peoples scanlations and seeing how different the translations can be. Like I once found this other scanlation of SEDS ch. 38, and it was totally different.

It actually left out a couple of important plot points, like the fact that Lina’s magic was sealed and that Gourry was possessed by Raltaak, not Phibrizzo. So it made slightly less sense.

Yeah, yeah, I know the one you’re talking about! I took a look at that one on your community right around the time when I got my hands on Vol. 8. Personally, I think the dude knew some of the spell names and… that’s about it? Up until that point, I thought fan-made scripts were extinct. =P

7. Chisai firefly says:

omg, you are amazing for posting these. I’m such an otaku for all the old but good series. but unfortunately they are all sooo hard to find. I’m a huge slayers fan, i love the anime. thanks for giving me a chance to read the mangas. it would be great if you scanlated the first volumes of this series.

8. Lunaoh! says:

YAY! You guys just made my day! Good luck! Oh, and please translate the rest as well; It’s next to impossible to get them all nowadays (and I know what I’m talking about) Thanks once again :D!

9. mrfatso says:

Thanks guys, well i just gona wait for u guys to fan scan the whole novels before downloading them +D Anyway, take your time to scan them, we wouldn’t mind if u take 50 years to complete them =P as long as u guys will continue fanscalating slayers mangas :D

10. GLMeadow says:

Thanks so much for releasing this long-awaited conclusion to the SEDS story arc for the English-speaking manga fans! I too purchased the other volumes of SEDS when they were released here by CPM, and I was also quite irritated to find that they weren’t going to release the conclusion. I’m so grateful to you for taking the time (and effort) to make this project.

Thank you!

11. Slayers Super Fan says:

OMG!!!! I don’t consider myself a very girly type of girl but this just makes me want to squeal in the most cliched fashion. I don’t even know what to say to express the gratitude I feel…I love you *cries a little* I really do ^_^

12. ludekat says:

the demand, it is great! I would be ever so grateful if you do the whole series. XD I’m SOO glad someone picked up a bunch of the Slayers manga. I’ve been wanting to read them. XD Thanx so much!