Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku

This series has been licensed for English release by Dark Horse comics. Please support the authors and publishers by purchasing it once it becomes available.

Vol. 1 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 1
Vol. 2 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 2
Vol. 3 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 3
Vol. 4 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 4

Title:Neon Genesis Evangelion Academy: Records of Heaven’s Descent Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku
Author: Min Min (眠民)
Status: Complete
Summary:
Shinji Ikari attends the NERV Foundation Academy and lives a life of relative normality. One night he encounters Rei Ayanami and Kaworu Nagisa fleeing the scene of a violent explosion and is eventually recruited to assist them and Asuka Sohryuu Langely in fighting the Angels, who have taken on human form, in order to retrieve their cores to support the world tree, Yggdrasil. Should the Yggdrasil die, their world would be thrown into a chaotic state where parallel streams of existence collide, eventually bringing about the destruction of all things.

328 thoughts on “Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku

1. calicokat says:

I just discovered this manga today and just about flipped I was so happy. Amazing!! Thank you guys so much for bringing us volumes 1-3 so far. The scanlations are wonderful. I hope that you find an image editor to work on it and wish you luck in that regard. I’ve really enjoyed it! (I wish I had those kinds of retouching skills.)

>>Until then, weve got staff working on an HQ release of volume 1 with fixed-up translations and scans, so I hope you look forward to that. =3

Wheres this release?

>>Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku will be moving to a volume-only release after the end of the Iruel arc. Again, we wont be moving to a volume-only release until Iruels arc is over.

Liars…

I didnt want to say this, but all the time you are making excuses, insult Gakuen, and it seems that you are waiting that Dark Horse license the manga and dropped it.

Bye

I’ll bet your mom doesn’t let you leave the house after 10:00.

I <3 you. We're working on it right now, but your encouragement is definitely appreciated.

3. Galan says:

Um…just wondering, when will the new chapters come out? It’s been almost a full year since Ch. 16 was released. I don’t mean to sound rude or ungrateful, but, what have you guys been doing for the past year? Just letting this great manga series collect dust?

Well, it’s a valid question… After the release of 16 we decided to wait for the volume release, because no one on staff had time to edit the scans enough so that they’d be readable- and we were convinced that there would be some adjustments to the final product when the next volume was out, so we waited until then. But it turned out the release date kept getting pushed back, and back, and back, until volume 4 was finally released in Japan in December. The book is now on its way to us!

On a side note, I never realized that many manga artists treat the magazine runs as “rough drafts” and release the manga volumes with corrected scripts. I know this happens a lot with the manga Skip Beat (in the way that the author apparently overhauls for each volume release), but even recently it happened with another of our projects, Barajou no Kiss, where a character’s title was changed when the volume came out.

I think we’ve been giving off the impression that we haven’t been working on this at all, when that’s not the case. We just haven’t been able to finalize any of the stuff behind the scenes due to lack of staff.

5. random fan says:

Just wanted to say that I’m still faithful to you guys! I really do hope you get someone who is able to help you out with this release, because I’m one of the many who are anticipating it.

6. Cara says:

When we apply for Editor on the forums, can we specify this series? I have major interest in helping get this one get back upon its feet.

Absolutely. We try not to make our staff work on things they have no interest in. =3

On that note, we’re getting ready to finally start releasing again, so we hope you’re looking forward to that!

8. Me says:

seems darkhorse just licensed this for north america and will be releasing volume 1 on august 11th.

9. calicokat says:

@me: I’m really looking forward to purchasing the Dark Horse release because I love this manga a lot! (But obviously I wan’t to be reading it as up to date as possible. ;)

10. Lins says:

Thanks so much for this release, guys! I’m loving this series, and eagerly await the re-releases in HQ of the volumes, and the final volume as well!! Keep up the good work!

11. Tsubame-go says:

Thank you so much for the release!!!! I seriously apperciate all of your effort! :D

wow I got here a month late D: yay for a HQ releases is the moral of the story here!

12. Tabris says:

This is a really great spinoff of NGE, only behind Re-take. I love how Shinji didn’t give a crap when Kaworu told him that ** *** ** *****. (: Thanks for the translations! :D

13. Evafan says:

Me during the early chapters: Shinji x Rei? WIN!
    Me during the middle chapters: Shinji x (Asuke vs Rei) Double Win!

Me during the latest chapter: Shinji x Kaworu…please don’t turn into a yaoi fic complete with winged bishounenand…ahhh crap.

14. Pplui says:

Thank for your work!!! Well it’s been a while since I don’t write in english so forgive me for my grammar. But what I want to say it’s, this is the only website where I found this manga translated in a language I can understand. Ok this is all I have to say thank you again n’ good luck.

Comments are closed.