Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku

This series has been licensed for English release by Dark Horse comics. Please support the authors and publishers by purchasing it once it becomes available.

Vol. 1 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 1
Vol. 2 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 2
Vol. 3 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 3
Vol. 4 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 4

Title:Neon Genesis Evangelion Academy: Records of Heaven’s Descent Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku
Author: Min Min (眠民)
Status: Complete
Summary:
Shinji Ikari attends the NERV Foundation Academy and lives a life of relative normality. One night he encounters Rei Ayanami and Kaworu Nagisa fleeing the scene of a violent explosion and is eventually recruited to assist them and Asuka Sohryuu Langely in fighting the Angels, who have taken on human form, in order to retrieve their cores to support the world tree, Yggdrasil. Should the Yggdrasil die, their world would be thrown into a chaotic state where parallel streams of existence collide, eventually bringing about the destruction of all things.

328 thoughts on “Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku

is that release date for the volume 4 or the release of the volume 1 HQ?

Volume 4. =\ It’d be nice if we were getting some extras with this volume, since… Well, it’s been over for a few months already. I honestly can’t hazard a guess as to what the delay might be.

2. Magus says:

Aw. Only 22 chapters? That’s just sad =(
    It’s a great manga. I wonder if there’s gonna be, like, season 2? :D

3. Delicma says:

I was really late in finding the Manga, and read it all in one sitting. So far I have to say that I am completely in love with it. So very much.

I especially love the major screen time that Kaworu has since he had such a small amount of it in the actual EVA series.

The characterization is also completely brilliant, especially Rei and Kaworu, but all that characters are done very well. I read Angelic days and didn’t really agree with the characterization there so this is a very, very welcome change.

The yaoi fangirl in me is completely loving all the Kaworu and Shinji scenes, and I really hope Kaworu gets an actual happy ending as all the other EVA versions give him such tragic ones.

Aside from all this rambling, I wanted to thank you so much for scanlating this for everyone. I can’t imagine how much of your free time goes into these projects but please know that it’s greatly, greatly appreciated. A part of me wishes for the next chapters sooner simply to know what is going to happen, but another, bigger part of me knows that by waiting, the eventual rewards will be much greater.

Again, thank you so much for everything you do. See you next chapter ;)

4. geass says:

a little off topic here but do u guys know any other manga of the same artist? i really liked the draw in this one

No problemo cap, but unfortunately this seems to be her first manga title, though she has done illustrations for a couple of novels in the past. (this and this.)

6. Eric says:

I have read episode 1- 16 all ready in one night, and I want to know when episode 17 will be out because I am the WORLDS BIGS FAN ever for the manga and the show, too. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

7. Magus says:

There’s finally something that I can look forward to. :)
    BTW, will the scans be able to be released at around the 2nd~3rd week of January? Because I’m really looking forward to it :)….
    Still, thanks to the scanlators for the hard work! \m/(^_^)\m/

Dude, you can find that out from above (below “Status”). Find the words following “Update:” :)

hmmm what heppened to volume 4?? wasnt supposed to come out this month??

That’s correct, but as Magus suggested, it will take time for us to purchase the volume, have it delivered, scanned, etc, so the earliest you can expect the new chapters is in the second or third week of January.

9. Magus says:

When do you suppose that you will get chapter 17 out?

Please be patient dude. We’re getting this stuff for free, so at least try to be patient. :D

PS: Thanks for TPs’ staffs’ hard work. Keep on scanlating :D

said to have been picked up by dark horse comics for a 2010 august release

Well, Dark Horse is pretty awesome at just about everything they do. Any links to announcements or anything or is this still in the unconfirmed rumor mill?

11. gabrielk310 says:

WHAT??? now is on hold?? jeez i was hopin to see it in september …..september! that was like 5 months ago lol….i guess i’ll just have to learn japanese then

Oooor you could take the editing test. Jesus christ, no one’s really giving me anything to work with here.

13. Amuro says:

>>Until then, weve got staff working on an HQ release of volume 1 with fixed-up translations and scans, so I hope you look forward to that. =3

Wheres this release?

>>Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku will be moving to a volume-only release after the end of the Iruel arc. Again, we wont be moving to a volume-only release until Iruels arc is over.

Liars…

I didnt want to say this, but all the time you are making excuses, insult Gakuen, and it seems that you are waiting that Dark Horse license the manga and dropped it.

Bye

Wheres this release?

Liars…

Bye

Well, you could try not being a dick about it for starters. We’ve been working on the re release for a while now, but in case you were’t paying attention we have NO ONE ON STAFF WHO WANTS TO WORK ON IT. Even if we don’t like it, the translations have been cleaned and everything for ages, but as usual, we’re short staffed. On top of that, we still haven’t received volume 4 in the mail yet, so hi, totally impossible to do that one either seeing as we don’t even have scans.

If it was dropped we’d say it instead of keeping it o the projects page.

Or perhaps you’re just pissed off that you might have to actuall pay to read this? Oh, the humanity! Manga that isn’t free, what is this world coming to?!

15. Scintilla says:

said to have been picked up by dark horse comics for a 2010 august release

They mentioned it in the end notes for the second or third volume of the Shinji Ikari Raising Project manga. I can’t exactly link to that, but it seems like a pretty official source to me.

Comments are closed.