Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku

This series has been licensed for English release by Dark Horse comics. Please support the authors and publishers by purchasing it once it becomes available.

Vol. 1 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 1
Vol. 2 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 2
Vol. 3 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 3
Vol. 4 cover

Available now from Dark Horse!

Volume 4

Title:Neon Genesis Evangelion Academy: Records of Heaven’s Descent Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku
Author: Min Min (眠民)
Status: Complete
Summary:
Shinji Ikari attends the NERV Foundation Academy and lives a life of relative normality. One night he encounters Rei Ayanami and Kaworu Nagisa fleeing the scene of a violent explosion and is eventually recruited to assist them and Asuka Sohryuu Langely in fighting the Angels, who have taken on human form, in order to retrieve their cores to support the world tree, Yggdrasil. Should the Yggdrasil die, their world would be thrown into a chaotic state where parallel streams of existence collide, eventually bringing about the destruction of all things.

328 thoughts on “Neon Genesis Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku

1. zeroseven says:

err did they cancel this? or you guys stopped translating?

just curious cuz its been like months now thanks!

err did they cancel this? or you guys stopped translating?

just curious cuz its been like months now thanks!

Nope, it’s still ongoing; we’re just waiting until volume 4’s released (which will probably be in August or September, somewhere around there) to start up again, because Asuka’s (the magazine) print quality is getting really hard to work with, and we want to bring you a QUALITY~ reading experience. xP

3. Robert says:

does this have any relevance to the other Neon Genesis Evangelion series where they fight angels or what ever they are called in the big robots. i guess not as character that die in the series are in this one but im still not 100% sure

4. Jaina says:

>Asukas (the magazine) print quality is getting really hard to work with, and we want to bring you a QUALITY~ reading experience. xP

I actually don’t really care about *quality* – I prefer reading my manga as soon as I can get my hands on them. So, while I understand your reasons I cannot condone them. I just love getting LQ but fast releases (and I almost never come back for those *ohmygodHQ”* ones). So that’s it… But still I admire your work on this title (and on all the Slayers ones) and I’m waiting eagerly for more.

I actually dont really care about *quality* I prefer reading my manga as soon as I can get my hands on them. So, while I understand your reasons I cannot condone them.

Listen, I don’t think you actually understand that there are a lot of underlying problems with this project, and it’s not just the quality that’s the issue here. Frankly speaking, we’re not just doing this for free; we’re doing this at our own expense and it costs a ton of cash whether we use magazine raws or tank scans. And I’m not saying you have to kiss our asses for it, but we’ve come damn close to dropping it because the story’s turned to balls these past few months. We picked Datenroku up because the art was nice and the story was interesting, but guess what happened? Ming Ming started drawing like a preschooler and the story turned to crap. So when the story’s like that and it can take upwards of ten hours to get the chapters looking decent, yeah, we’re gonna have a hard time getting motivated.

So you can say you just want your crap ASAP, but we’re trying to do quality work here. I would gladly hand over the reins to any other group that wanted to pick up this project, but unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be anyone interested. So please, just wait until the tank scans are out and we don’t have to bust our asses spraying perfume on a pile of shit.

6. zeroseven says:

@Melfra alright alright we understand take it easy we all know that scantalating requires alot (AND I MEAN ALOT) of time and effort and don’t misunderstand we are all thankful for it.

so ok we will wait for your scans since you are probably the only one scantalating this series and hey even if the story is “balls” and the art sucks we would still read it, its still eva whats not to love right?

7. Black Guy says:

Haha. It’s nice to see you stick up for yourself(ves) and your work. Still, try not to get worked up. There are some people who will never appreciate your work and be insensitive and all that good stuff. Ah, well, you know where I am going with this.

8. brandy says:

…good day ms administrator, im just asking if you guys will come up with the scanlation of eva book 4…well its not that i am urging you or somethingbecause im not the one paying you guyz, im just a freeloader in this site but will book 4 will ever be scanlated??…thanks…one more thing,..many sites depend on you but i didnt have any, i just visit to read them..lots of people out there appreciate your work..^_^…

9. Brooke says:

I just would like to know when volume 4 is going out? I know you said how unmotivated you are and how low “Asuka”‘s quaility is but please keep going. You have alot of fans including myself so please update soon. You do a great job, I love you guys ^-^

10. Rebmastu says:

So far, Kadokawa hasn’t announced a release date for volume 4 of Datenroku, but as the series just ended in this month’s issue of Asuka magazine (!!) at 22 chapters, it’s probably safe to assume it will be released in October, which is when we’ll be picking it back up.

11. Brooke says:

Only 22 chapters? Thats lame did the series Discontinue? (sigh) I really liked it but thank you for telling me. I can’t wait till it comes out

12. Mime says:

I buy the first volume today…. I’m so happy is really beautiful
    I hope we can see the latest volume

What? only 22 chapters?
    Wow too short… I really like this manga T_T

13. GiftUngiven says:

Maybe the reason for a “short” story is that in no means this “novel” can keep the confrontation with the original one… And I’m not talking only about the “deepness” of the story, I mean also the chara design, it’s different from Yoshiyuki Sadamoto’s. Too much different, so it doesn’t “feel” evangelion at all… and thus, less audience, less money, less production… Just IMHO tho’…

Ah i love to see ayanami back in action… :P

i think they finally droped it

No, it’s just on hold at the moment. If we’d dropped it, it would be listed in the dropped section. For now, as we’ve been for a while, we’re still waiting on the release of volume 4 so we can have some really high quality raws to work with. Unfortunately, that release date has been pushed back to late December for unknown reasons, but maybe that means we’ll be getting an extra chapter squeezed in!

Until then, we’ve got staff working on an HQ release of volume 1 with fixed-up translations and scans, so I hope you look forward to that. =3

Comments are closed.