Barajou no Kiss

Volume 1 cover
Punishment 01 – The Name of the Rose
Punishment 02 – The Embarrassing Morning
Punishment 03 – Black and White
Punishment 04 – The Color Which Cannot Be Found in Nature
Punishment 05 – Find your Destiny!

Volume 1 (ISBN 9781421573663) out Nov. 4: Amazon | B&N
Volume 1
Volume 2 cover
Punishment 06 – To Whom does the Weekend Belong!?
Punishment 07 – Chocolate Rose
Punishment 08 – After-School Stranger
Punishment 09 – Bloody Heroine
Punishment 10 – The All-But-Transparent Lie
&bsp;

Volume 2 (ISBN 9781421573670) out Jan. 6: Amazon | B&N
Volume 2
Volume 3 title
Punishment 11 – I4U ~I For You~
Punishment 12 – Carbonation and Delicacy
Punishment 13 – Attack! ? My Neighbor’s Body Measurements
Punishment 14 – Beware of Idols!?

Volume 3 (ISBN 9781421573687) out Mar. 3: Amazon | B&N

Preoder Link Coming Soon
Volume 5
Volume 6 cover
Punishment 23 – Pavane for a Dead Demon Race
Punishment 24 – Dark Moon Masquerade
Punishment 25 – A Day in the Girl’s Life
Punishment 26 – I Can Do it Myself!
Punishment 27 – Wuthering Heights
24 Hours with the Roses + Vol 6 Extras

Preorder Link Coming Soon
Volume 6
Volume 7 cover
Punishment 28 – Cry x Desire x Pageant
Punishment 29 – Keep the Faith?
Punishment 30 – Your Song, at the End of the World

Punishment 38 – Caught in a Rosy Labyrinth
Punishment 39 – Engaged in Himmelreich
Punishment 40 – Farewell
Side Stories

Preorder Link Coming Soon
Volume 9

Title:Barajou no Kiss (Kiss of the Rose Princess)
Author: Shouoto Aya (????)

Status: Complete, and Available LEGALLY, IN PRINT, from Shoujo Beat! (Be sure to preorder!)

Summary:
Most girls are crazy about jewelry, but not Anis Yamamoto. Not since her father gave her a rose choker as a child, claiming it was a protective amulet which would safeguard her from harm; however, if she ever took it off (a feat easier said than done!), she would be afflicted by a “punishment” of some sort- not like it matters to her, since the attention it attracts around school from faculty and students alike isn’t something she’s particularly fond of. But after a certain incident causes the choker to disappear, she realizes that this punishment her father spoke of might have been a bit more than she bargained for!

567 thoughts on “Barajou no Kiss

1. zephirie says:

thank you for scanlating and keep up the good work! i’ll wait patiently for the next release~!

and whoosh on a unrelated note, i like that alot of black rose x princess in the artboook teehee XD

2. Gwinna says:

I can’t believe I just now noticed the latest release. Thankyouthankyouthankyou

Oh, and on a spaztastic note,

HAAAAARUUUUUTOOOOOOOO

3. avira says:

Excellent work! I started to fall in love with Turtle Paradise… *kicked* I hope you can finish this serial. I’m waiting for the next chapter. Keep up the good work! ^^

update soon.. the story is soo interesting… pls update !!

I’m sorry, but could you guys please stop posting things like this? I feel like fandom is really henpecking us lately and comments like these are driving everyone away. You’re turning a hobby into a job and I’m sick of it! Why do you think our release rate slowed to a crawl?

According to MAL, the BnK has only 42 chapters. Is this really true? I thought it would be longer ^^”

Actually, there’s only 40 chapters. There’s a couple extra chapters at the end, but they’re pretty old news by now and MAL has a really strange policy with the numbering lol

6. Rei says:

Just wanted to thank you guys for the kick-a job you’re doing on this series! As a beginning translator myself who blindly gropes around to figure out how characters should sound, I continue to be amazed at how much personality gushes out of your work, and I hope I can be half as good someday! Also, just out of curiosity, I’m guessing the art book was a Zenin item?

Ahhhh, I’m sorry it’s taken so long to reply! We get messages like this so rarely and when it happens, I’m just too overcome with icky gooey fuzzy feelings to properly articulate how awesome they make me feel! That said, I’m so glad you’re enjoying the series itself and our work on the series. Keep at it! You can do it! If I can make people sound like people (lol what), then so can you!

Moooooving right along from the fabulous feel-good times, yes indeedy, the artbook was zenin. Its price has dropped substantially on yahoo auctions though, so there’s a plus.

When is the release date of chapter 37 pls make it as soon as possible!

We’re working on it! School hijacked us all for the most part (Well, not ALL of us, I guess), but we should be back in business in about a week or two once finals are out of the way. Stay tuned!

9. okidokisantoki says:

Your scans are wonderful! I just love love love your translator’s notes! Thank you for all your hard work! I can’t wait for Volume 9 to be released!
    Merry Xmas~

10. Mando says:

is volume nine the last volume in the series?

Yeah volume 9 is the last one and there are 42 chapters!!

Can’t wait for the chapters that are about to come!!
    I wish we won’t have to wait for any longer1

is volume nine the last volume in the series?

Yeah volume 9 is the last one and there are 42 chapters!!

Can’t wait for the chapters that are about to come!!
    I wish we won’t have to wait for any longer1

Just a quick correction, the main story is only 40 chapters. The number 42 originates from MAL, where they list all extra chapters under the total number. That being said, their number is still incorrect – including earlier chapters (namely, “NO MOON” and 24 hours with the Roses), the total is actually 44.

12. taylor says:

new chapter -_-~~~~hungry pleace i need to know who the princess stays with i hope its the black or red rose when…& thank you