Barajou no Kiss

Volume 1 cover
Punishment 01 – The Name of the Rose
Punishment 02 – The Embarrassing Morning
Punishment 03 – Black and White
Punishment 04 – The Color Which Cannot Be Found in Nature
Punishment 05 – Find your Destiny!

Volume 1 (ISBN 9781421573663) out Nov. 4: Amazon | B&N
Volume 1
Volume 2 cover
Punishment 06 – To Whom does the Weekend Belong!?
Punishment 07 – Chocolate Rose
Punishment 08 – After-School Stranger
Punishment 09 – Bloody Heroine
Punishment 10 – The All-But-Transparent Lie
&bsp;

Volume 2 (ISBN 9781421573670) out Jan. 6: Amazon | B&N
Volume 2
Volume 3 title
Punishment 11 – I4U ~I For You~
Punishment 12 – Carbonation and Delicacy
Punishment 13 – Attack! ? My Neighbor’s Body Measurements
Punishment 14 – Beware of Idols!?

Volume 3 (ISBN 9781421573687) out Mar. 3: Amazon | B&N

Preoder Link Coming Soon
Volume 5
Volume 6 cover
Punishment 23 – Pavane for a Dead Demon Race
Punishment 24 – Dark Moon Masquerade
Punishment 25 – A Day in the Girl’s Life
Punishment 26 – I Can Do it Myself!
Punishment 27 – Wuthering Heights
24 Hours with the Roses + Vol 6 Extras

Preorder Link Coming Soon
Volume 6
Volume 7 cover
Punishment 28 – Cry x Desire x Pageant
Punishment 29 – Keep the Faith?
Punishment 30 – Your Song, at the End of the World

Punishment 38 – Caught in a Rosy Labyrinth
Punishment 39 – Engaged in Himmelreich
Punishment 40 – Farewell
Side Stories

Preorder Link Coming Soon
Volume 9

Title:Barajou no Kiss (Kiss of the Rose Princess)
Author: Shouoto Aya (????)

Status: Complete, and Available LEGALLY, IN PRINT, from Shoujo Beat! (Be sure to preorder!)

Summary:
Most girls are crazy about jewelry, but not Anis Yamamoto. Not since her father gave her a rose choker as a child, claiming it was a protective amulet which would safeguard her from harm; however, if she ever took it off (a feat easier said than done!), she would be afflicted by a “punishment” of some sort- not like it matters to her, since the attention it attracts around school from faculty and students alike isn’t something she’s particularly fond of. But after a certain incident causes the choker to disappear, she realizes that this punishment her father spoke of might have been a bit more than she bargained for!

567 thoughts on “Barajou no Kiss

1. Starflower says:

Thanx a lot guys…
    we’re at your depth…
    youve brightened my day with this manga
    your starflower ^^’

2. genie says:

Thanx 4 uploading chapter 17! Seriously I love this series and Im glad that u guys can translate this. :D
    I hope and would appreciate if u can translate S.L.H. this quick 2!
    But i know that translating manga takes a while so… thx 4 what u guys have done so far! <3

3. anonymous says:

Wow you guys are so awesome! I especially loved chapter 17!! I am hoping and wishing with all my might that chapt. 18 will be out next week!!! :D

Mutsuki-Anis action much this week :p …Kaede too kinda… (poor guy :( )

Thanks a lot you guys!!

4. iKumiko says:

I hope she isn’t forced to be jealous because of the creepy glasses girl. I’m all for her and the black rose knight >.> He so masochistic XD

5. JackieJack says:

I hopes that 18 will be up soon I can’t wait to see what happens on the date with that weird chick poor Kaede…I wonder if he will end up with Anis oh I hope him or the black rose there both hotness :P

6. Sparkles says:

Can’t wait for chapter 18. i wonder what happens on Kaedes date. i think than weird girl is that person who attacked the Orange and lime rose guys. what about you guys?
    anyways im all for da black rose!
    i am loving this series.
    I’m so glad you guys can translate this peoples! you guys are awsome for doing this… Take some imaginary cookies! i imaginary baked them in my imaginary oven! hee hee…

7. Miwa Matsuo says:

OMG, thanx u, Rebmastu-sama, Melfra-sama, Clov3r-sama, and Shinigami-sama (or -dono, to the ones that r supposed 2 b dono… lol sry)! U guys rox! Thanx 4 all ur hard work! I’ll look 4ward 2 ur nxt chapter on a Monday! Mwahahaha…. “Mutsuki desires… THE SANDWICH. HAHAHAHAHA” quoted from Melfra and Clov3r, lol. Yays!

Is turtle paradise closing down just like onemanga.com?
    Please tell me its not!

I don’t see why we would. We obviously don’t advocate piracy, and the Datenroku scans will be going down as the volumes are released. But aside from that, if ever we are asked to remove these translations, we’d do so without a second’s hesitation.

That being said, we’re all (well, Reb and I are, at least) extremely excited about the OpenManga project. I don’t care if I have to pay money to scanlate, it sounds wonderful!

Could you please tell us more about the
    OpenManga project? I’m also curious to know when chapter 18 of
    Barajou No Kiss is coming out and where I can get all four volumes?

You can read about OpenManga here, but to make things short, these guys are hoping to partner with manga artists to release their works digitally with both paid and free viewing for readers, and then options to pay a fee to scanlate, with a chunk of proceeds going to the authors. They do a much better job explaining it on that site than I could, but we’re pretty excited for it! There are apparently already a few artists who’ve agreed to be a part of it, but only time will tell how this all pans out. I wish them the best~

As for Barajou 18, well, I can’t say much more than it’ll be done when the people working on it finish there parts. Sorry, I don’t know more than that =X

As for where to purchase the volumes, you can find them on Amazon.co.jp- this link should help you out a bit. Their shipping can be quite pricy, though. I found another online retailer that carries the books, but as my first order is still being processed, I’m hesitant to recommend them just yet. After I learn a little more, I’ll be updating the projects pages to include links where you can purchase the volumes online.

Hope that answered your questions!

Is there a volume 5? And is chapter 18 going to be a long chapter?

18’s as long as the rest of them, and volume 5 only came out a couple days ago.

11. Writer In Training (WIT) says:

Melfra,
    thank you, you’ve defiently answered my questions.
    But, does Barnes and Noble carry Barajou no kiss?
    It’s easier to buy directly, rather than on the internet.
    ps.
    Keep up the good work on Barajou no kiss! :)
    I rarely find mistakes and I like it how you often explain dialogue.
    Just keep it up! :D