Information

The last information page was kind of TLDR so it’s in desperate need of revamping. For now, we’ll leave the #1 question right here and field the rest in the comments!

Can I link your site?

Of course! Have a button!

More will (presumably) come as we make more…. Presumably.

Can we translate your releases into another language?

Unfortunately we do not allow our releases to be translated into other languages. Over time we’ve begun focusing on translations that lean more toward adaptations, which means that they either wouldn’t make sense or aren’t suited to other languages. This is the call of Rebmastu, our translator. Our only exception to this rule is out of print series, such as Wild Arms: Flower Thieves, however, we ask that you first contact Melfra or Rebmastu (contact information on the staff page) for more information. Thank you!

Please wait at least 24 hours to upload these to reader sites!

And no, we’re not JUST being nazis about it (although, really, if it’s HQ you’re after, you’d be better using our site’s reader anyway. =P) The 24 hour wait time is in place in case any errors are caught with the first release by you readers, our secondary QC, as it were. Then, if necessary, we can upload a version two of our releases to correct any mistakes.

Commenting is enabled, so please ask if you’d like to know anything else!

118 thoughts on “Information

1. CS says:

Hello,

I’ve currently preordered “Hana no Mizo Shiro” by Takarai Rihito, I’m wondering if Turtle Paradise would be interested in scanlating this series?

So far, there is a LQ release on MangaFox using Chinese raws but I figured it be worth asking here ^^;

Thanks.

2. Renian says:

Hello Turtle Paradise,

I was wondering if I could translate “Barajou No Kiss” as well, I have enough staff to translate everything and do what is necessary. We will clean the Japanese SFX’s and replace them with translated ones, we will also let people upload our chapters, if they so wish ti, onto manga readers anywhere, which from we have heard, Turtle Paradise has been discouraging. My team and I love this manga and wish to share it with everyone else. We have been informed that you are currently behind on translating the manga and we wish we could translate it. We are very sure that we could scanlate the manga fast enough to catch up to Asuka.

Hello Turtle Paradise,

I’m not really sure why you’re asking us for permission, because we don’t own rights to the series or anything like that. But we’re scanlating from the volumes, not the magazine, and that’s just because we like HQ scanlations. If you want to jump on the bandwagon and do your own version, I guess that’s your prerogative, but we love the series too and none of us intend to stop working on it regardless of whoever tries pulling it out from under us. I’m sorry if I sound irked, because I am- we’ve been working on this for two years now, ever since the first chapter was released in Asuka, and maintain a fairly consistent release rate, which has admittedly been slipping of late due to holidays.

And to correct you- I have no idea where you heard that we discourage uploading to online readers. We just have a 24 hour wait time so we can fix mistakes that missed QC before chapters are posted, that’s all. I can’t say I’m very comfortable with the “Us vs TP” theme of your comment… Are you trying to convince us or the visitors to our site?

4. Renian says:

Ack, sorry. I’m not the best the best English speaker (Main language is Chinese) so I had my friend to help. I guess we got the wrong uhh. Intention(?) or something like that. I’m am very sorry >_________<

5. Renian says:

I didn’t mean to offend you guys or anything. As for the releases, I get told by my friend, i don’t think he is very uhh, Truthfull? As for asking permission, uhh. I was told that i should ask incase poeple start “Fire Wars”? Or something. Like uh where they post alot on your boards with useless and mean things. I really didn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings or anything. It’s just English is confusing for me ;A; I think i got it right but I don’t.

excuse me,
    if I want to apply for a job,
    can you give me the info about what jobs are available ?
    thankyou.

Well, right now we’re in desperate need of typesetters and editors. Typesetters… do exactly what the name sounds like, and editors redraw and clean pages so the typesetters can do that. If you’re interested in reading more, you can check out the forum under the “Join the Staff” category. Thanks for the interest!

7. Lolz~ says:

Hey there,

Anyways, thanks for all~ <3

Hey there,

I lov reading ‘ure proyects but I’ve always hav a question… which program you use to edit? ah… I hope you answer me n_n;

Thanks for all~ <3

Photoshop all the way! (although a couple of us use Gimp, too)

9. Lolz~ says:

another curious question for you (sorry for tha “curious” n.n;)

er… how you give more detail to your scans? o.o?
    ne, ne… tell me >x< pleez~ *puppy eyes*

thanks <3

10. Pockylover09 says:

Um I’m not sure if anyone asked this (If so, sorry I didn’t see the comment;
    What made you guys name your group “Turtle Paradise”?

Um I’m not sure if anyone asked this (If so, sorry I didn’t see the comment;
    What made you guys name your group “Turtle Paradise”?

I like this question! =D

Way back when the group first started (back when it was just Rebmastu, and I was a member of the peanut gallery), Reb practiced Japanese by translating doujinshi on request- specifically, Final Fantasy VII doujinshi. There’s a bar in the game called Turtle Paradise (maybe it was Turtle’s Paradise or something, who knows), which has a long, annoying sidequest attached to it. When it comes to obscure FF7 trivia…well, it just sounded right =P Of course we’ve branched out over the years, but, well. We like turtles anyway. I guess.

Now that you mention it, I can’t even remember why we stuck with the name of the bar as the site’s name. Huh…

12. poruchan says:

uhmm.. I’m not really asking for release dates but.. how many days does it usually take before a new chapter is released? Is it really hard to put up a new chapter?

Well, it’s a fair enough question, but I guess it all boils down to how busy with work and school everyone on staff is. There aren’t many projects that are solo’d from start to finish, so it’s never really held up by one person, but at this time of year when finals roll around it get somewhat difficult to coordinate schedules well enough to release. Most of our lovely staffers are either high school or college age, so things are understandably rather hectic, and considering that the chapters generally go through four hands (translator, editor, typesetter, and QC) before release, if any one of those links gets held up, you get a delay, which is vaguely what’s going on right now, if that’s what you were asking.

14. Sky says:

Sorry if you guys don’t take manga suggestions (some sites I’ve gone to don’t) but is there anyway you can translate the manga, Sugar Family? I’ve been dying to finish this, but the new chapters never come. It would mean a lot if you guys could work on this one :D It’s fine if you guys can’t though

No offense, but 40 days since the last release = dropped? I’m sorry, but we’d reeeaaally rather not get involved in something like that. Come back when they haven’t released in over a year and then we might talk…

We are a group that translates them into Spanish sleeves want to lose permission to use the translations and manga scans as follows: Junketsu + Kareshi. In any response, send an email to kaname_kaname@hotmail.com

As a rule, we do not give permission for other groups to use our scans, as noted above. If you’d like to purchase the volumes to use your own, I suggest using bk1.co.jp, amazon.jp, or fujisan.com, the latter two of which each have English display options.

At this time, we politely refuse to allow other groups to use our translations as a means to translate the series into other languages unless prior arrangements have been made, and humbly suggest you find a Japanese-Spanish translator to that effect. In our case, we emphasis a heavy and often loose translation-slash-localization process for the enjoyment of an English audience only, which we are confident would not lend itself to a re-translation of acceptable quality.

In the event that you have no plans to check with this site again for a response, I will also email you.

17. cookie_monster says:

I have a small question…

If you guys are ever looking for an editor (in English, obviously) then I wouldn’t mind helping. I am totally fluent in English (and a bit of chinese, don’t think its nessesary?idk) … so… yeah… :D