Information

The last information page was kind of TLDR so it’s in desperate need of revamping. For now, we’ll leave the #1 question right here and field the rest in the comments!

Can I link your site?

Of course! Have a button!

More will (presumably) come as we make more…. Presumably.

Can we translate your releases into another language?

Unfortunately we do not allow our releases to be translated into other languages. Over time we’ve begun focusing on translations that lean more toward adaptations, which means that they either wouldn’t make sense or aren’t suited to other languages. This is the call of Rebmastu, our translator. Our only exception to this rule is out of print series, such as Wild Arms: Flower Thieves, however, we ask that you first contact Melfra or Rebmastu (contact information on the staff page) for more information. Thank you!

Please wait at least 24 hours to upload these to reader sites!

And no, we’re not JUST being nazis about it (although, really, if it’s HQ you’re after, you’d be better using our site’s reader anyway. =P) The 24 hour wait time is in place in case any errors are caught with the first release by you readers, our secondary QC, as it were. Then, if necessary, we can upload a version two of our releases to correct any mistakes.

Commenting is enabled, so please ask if you’d like to know anything else!

118 thoughts on “Information

We would love rescanlate one of your project to the spanish (barajou no kiss) *-*
    You give permission to rescanlate?

We give permission to use the scripts, but we’d rather you used your own raws for the scanlating; it’s bad enough that we’re scanning in the author’s work and posting it for everyone to read for free. We’re in this to share series in an easily accessible form, not to make the author lose money, so having just one more person buy the books, regardless of the intent, is all we ask for. Hopefully this is an understandable request. I know I don’t want to see Shouoto stop sharing her wonderful stories!

2. Joanna says:

Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked before (If so, sorry for the inconvenience) but When will any new chapters of D.N.Angel be coming out and scanned?
    Kepp up the good work anyway, Thank you very much :)

Kepp up the good work anyway, Thank you very much :)

If you would please take a look simply at the DNAngel manga page, you would see that we have dropped the project and Sugisaki hasn’t released a single new chapter since the Argentine special.

4. ZippyZippy says:

Hey, lets say a certain person (such as me) who happens to have no life wants to help out with the scanlating? Is there anything a non-japanese speaking/reading/writing person could help out with? I read just about all of your series and would like to help a little.

I’m glad you asked! We’re on the lookout for more typesetters and/or editors at the moment, so if you’ve got a bit of time to spare, stop by our forum and visit the recruitment section – you’ll find tests there that you can try out to see what you’re most interested in. (You don’t necessarily have to pass any of them – just show us you know what you’re doing, and we’ll train you from there.)

i know this might have been asked but if new chapters of d.n.angel do ever come back out will you be scanning them and stuff?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, nemo, and that’s a good question. Unfortunately, we’ve decided not to pick up DNAngel if it starts up again, just for the simple fact that we’d never know when Sugisaki would drop it again, and it’d kind of be a poor investment of time to spend on a series that might never have a conclusion.

Hope that helps!

7. xxT4iiNT3D says:

Hey you guys! Up until.. well ages I used to assume that manga were just there to read and as I gradually read more and more I realised that there were actually groups which scanslated them! To think that you people actually do this kind of thing for the enjoyment of others, it’s amazing! The quality of your scans are beyond perfection as well as the translations which are also pretty ‘modern’ spoken rather than some of the pretty obvious grammatical errors I pick up on other manga.
    Well. Holidays are coming up and I’ve become pretty free in the past few weeks so I was wondering if I could help you guys with anything? To my absolute dismay, I’m a non-Japanese speaker/writer, however, my english vocabulary and grammar I have absolute confidence in.
    To think that I love manga this much and don’t speak Japanese?! T^T As a dedicated reader I promise I will attempt to learn later on!
    I’ve looked through the forums, but observed the “We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Please check back later!” in the description. *Sob sob* I’ve be happy to help no matter what the situation or time!

Arigatou ne!
    (Pshft! I’m so smart! >.<)

8. Shirozaki says:

Arigatou ne!
    (Pshft! I’m so smart! >.<)

There are actually two more positions available–the Editor and the Typesetter. But, in order to see those sections, you’ll have to sign up in the forum and have at least 5 posts. Why don’t you try those? :)

9. Amy says:

Hi, I’d like to retranslate Barajou no Kiss into Portuguese (Brazil). Our purpose is pretty much the same as yours: make the author’s work more acessible. This way it may become more popular in Brazil and hopefully licensed. :D

You’re free to use our translations (with credit + link), but please use your own raws. =3 (We suggest buying the original volumes from Amazon.jp, yesasia or any number of online retailers to support the author.)

11. agmech says:

hi i was just wondering about the Slayers-Super Explosive Demon Story, where the rest of the volumes r to download. i only see chapters 38-43. itd be much appreciated. thanx.

Dunno where you can find it. It was released by CPM years back but they omitted volume 8- that’s why it’s the only volume we did.

13. NatalieV says:

hmm i wonder if you can get a hold on a manga that I(and other known lovers) want and its called Seven Days. well mangafox has the 1st volume but partly of the 2nd one too, but in unknown reasons they cant find people to translate. so i was wondering if ya’ll could do something???

No, we can’t. First of all, it’s not our policy to pick up series that are already being worked on by other groups. Secondly, Seven Days was recently licensed by June manga, and we don’t scanlate manga that’s already been licensed. Please be patient and wait for the English release! Seven Days is a personal favorite of mine, and I really can’t wait to own it in English =3

Hi! I’m of a fansub spanish (http://ans-cpsulacero.blogspot.com/) and i wish to can translate the manga “The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor” to this idiom. Can I use your raws for the project? Obviously, I won’t touch your credits. ^_^

My e-mail is: cp-cero@hotmail.es

[…]Under no circumstances are our actual scans to be used by another group for releases.

As we outlined up in the FAQ, no, you can’t use our scans. You can use the script to translate from English to Spanish, but you’ll have to find our own raw source.

16. IToko says:

Hi, I’m from a translation group in China (http://www.dymycomic.com/index.asp). We would like to ask for raws of ?????????? Vol.1 and Stray Love Hearts! Vol 1~3. We are happily to trade raws from Zero-Sum and Shirufu magazines. We are just missing those volumes you have as listed above.