The bird goes free

When I first started working on Birdcage, I did it because it was a challenge to translate and Takarai Rihito’s art was retro and eye-catching; but what I got out of the series was was a cast of some of the most memorable characters I’ve ever met. While I’m sure I didn’t do Kabei Yukako’s original script justice, here’s hoping you enjoyed it all the same. At last, The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor can get some rest.

The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor chapter 21:
“Holy Night, in the Synaptic Cosmos (END)?

Read Online
Download

This chapter was brought to you by the editing talents of c0de_da1sy, typeset and translated by yours truly, with Melfra and Clov3r at the helm making sure none of us borked it up.

Enjoy the series finale! And this being the last chapter, THE GLOVES ARE OFF! Spill your guts in the comments! No spoiler or opinion (or criticism!) is off-limits!

28 thoughts on “The bird goes free

1. Michy says:

This is my favourite series ever and I’m so unhappy that it’s over :'( but it had to end at some point I guess, it was short and very very sweet and emotional and down to earth but airy too. I loved it, and will no doubt miss it. I’d love to find out more about the light novel.

2. rose says:

Wow, I can’t believe it’s over. You guys did such a great job with this series. It was definitely a fun ride. Thank you so much for all your hard work! Stay awesome!! :D

3. MonaLive says:

Wow, I cannot believe it’s over. I wish it didn’t end, but I can’t complain since I think it ended quite wonderfully. I loved the dialogue and the script- it was bittersweet and I cried (happy tears). I absolutely loved this series from start to finish and I want to thank everyone at Turtle Paradise soooo much for working on it. You guy are my heroes :P

4. kairiin says:

OHMAN I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU GUYS FINALLY FINISHED TRANSLATING EVERYTHING I WAS SO HAPPY IT WAS TEARS OF JOY. aahhh this ending was so beautiful, and heartbreaking at the same time. I guess that’s always been Rihito’s special skill.

I’M SO HAPPY FOR KIZUNA AND ASAI YOU HAVE NO IDEA. And I also can’t believe this is over, I’ve been following this series for over a year now and I can’t believe it’s ended finally. Thank you so much for all your hard work scanning and translating all this, it was a pleasure staying with you guys the rest of the way home! <3

5. Kevin says:

Wow… it’s really done. Like, no more waiting. No more chapters. I had a hobby of coming back to this website every now and then. It was like a ritual. I would come, check for The Sleepy Residents, then wait happily for the next chapter. Now… It’s over. I loved every part of it. Like I really can’t believe how a simple manga like this really touched me. I was almost afraid to read the last chapter because I did not want it to be over. I want to say a personal thank you to Turtle Paradise for bringing forth this manga. Really thank you so much. I loved it. And thank you Kabei Yukako for a great yet simple plot and Takarai Rihito for the stunning art. Love this manga. Love you guys!

6. Vivian says:

I just want to give you a big thanks for working on this manga! It was a nice journey. :D I haven’t kept up with it, so I don’t know what happens, but I just wanted to thank you for introducing this wonderful piece to me. ^^ I’ll finish it when I have time, ha ha.

Thank you for all of your hard work!!

7. Iris Irene says:

It ended. Hayzz. Thank you very much TurtleParadise for giving us such a wonderful work of art. One of the manga you will never forget and will last in our memories. A calm, relaxing, smooth ride but at the same time heart and mind provoking manga. A manga I can patiently wait without any feeling of haste for any releases. Everything has the laid back feel but at the same time never was dull. What can I say, Hotel Williams Child Bird is just truly magical. Thanks to the wonderful writer, Kabei Yukako, and to the unique, magnificent comic interpretation of Takarai Rihito. The mood it presented to me and the things it taught me are priceless. I don’t know how to describe this feeling now that the manga has reached its ending… I salute!