IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Another release!? By George, I think you’ve got it! We’ve been ridiculously productive lately and a lot of our series are coming to a end very, very soon, so keep those peepers peeled, ’cause we’re about to go indulgent on your reader arses.

Oh! Speaking of which, we’ve got a few new announcements! Firstly, Melfra just finished revamping the online reader! Not only is the layout badass as all get-out, but for those of you who shied away because the images were TOO DAMN BIG, she also added an option to resize the pages — and it still looks better than anything else you’ll find on any other reader. (Mangafox, I’m looking at you and your shitty resize algorithms.) Give ‘er a whirl and tell us what you think! (Coming soon: Oneshots and doujinshi!)

Second, and this is more of a reminder than anything, you can now find us on Tumblr!

And now that we’ve got that out of the way, IT’S NEW RELEASE TIME.

Bet you thought I was going to use Kain and or Milly again. Fair assumption. I ship it with the fury of fifteen dying suns.
Lost Universe, LOST 19: [THE LAST]
Download
Read Online

IN THIS CHAPTER OF LOST UNIVERSE! Text and imperfections were BLASTED with impudence by c0de_da1sy! Letters were affixed in place with a SPACE STAPLER by Zippy! And at the control panel was Melfra, monitoring our progress and making sure we didn’t take the whole damn ship down with us. (Meanwhile, I stood at the helm muttering about fate and destiny just moments before we were blasted into oblivion by the good ship QUALITY, so I guess none of it really mattered anyway.)

ENJOY YOUR READ, ME HARTIES This post is now a seafaring joke. SERIES ENDS NEXT CHAPTER! (Then again, there’s a whole ‘nuther EX volume after this, so take that as you will, lawl)

Again, we’re still looking for staff! Sudden change of heart: ALL POSITIONS ARE NOW OPEN! We’ve got spots for typesetters, QCs, and editors! What are the benefits to joining staff? I’M GLAD YOU ASKED. Get first crack at claiming projects! YOU decide what’s released next! YOU decide what to work on! And you get to read new chapters before anybody else, plus access to RIDICULOUS staff events! (Like meetups, cookie exchanges, and generally really weird, stupid, and/or awesome shit.) We’re in OMEGA need of editors, because we legit have NO ONE. Halp. Halp us plz.

TIL NEXT TIME, REB OUT.

17 thoughts on “IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

1. Kerkedes says:

You might want to check your links on the editor application bit on the forum: Could be my computer but it looks to me like half the two page spread is missing. I see just one.

Thanks for the heads up! I’m getting a weird error for it on my end, so it could be the servers acting up. I’ll wait it out until tomorrow (since I don’t have the raws today anyway lawl), and if the problem persists, BOOM. Gonna rectify it.

3. pip25 says:

Thank you very much for the release! :D
    Yoshinaka’s pace is still rushed, but otherwise this was a pretty cool part. :) Oh, and anyone (Kanzaka included XD) claiming that Lost Universe and Slayers are not related should read this chapter. Seriously, it doesn’t get any more obvious than this. XD

Thank you very much for the release! :D

Chaos words… SO COOL =’D

5. @PalenMisha says:

Saw your various posts on Twitter today and it made me realise I don’t say this enough: THANK YOU! Seriously. You guys work very hard for FREE and you do an awesome job. I for one, appreciate being able to read some very cool series that I otherwise would not be able to (since I can’t read Japanese), so again, thank you very much. I’ll try to stop lurking and start actually saying thank you more often going forward. :)

*deep breath* Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! =D

7. litoxpinky says:

Hey guys I am loving your online reader!! It’s sortakindaobviouslysupremely adorable and expertly layoutted ;). With that compliment on the horizon, I am one of the few who has shied away from the big images haha. And it’s still like that for me ><…I click on smaller images in the drop down menu for page size and uh nothing happens; I waited awhile to see if something would but alas! Nada.

On another note, thank you thank you thank you thank you all for the wonderful work you set forth in your releases! The series are wonderful and you guys give just as much effort willingly without pay to show that and TO SHARE THAT! Thanks =)

Haha, thanks for the kind words! After making the smaller version I can’t go back lol. Anyway, I’ll see if I can fix this problem. First off, do the other drop downs work for you? Second, what kind of browser are you using?

9. litoxpinky says:

I use google chrome as my browser and yep the other drop downs, such as which chapter or which page, work fine when I click something different. Not sure what’s up with that one o-O, thanks for going at it!

I’ll download chrome tonight and start testing it out later. Will post when the problem is fixed.

Just letting you know that the problem has been fixed. The extra info really helped a lot. Thanks again for letting me know!

12. MonaLisaaa says:

Where do you apply for positions? I would like to apply for an editors position, and would love to help out any way I could (if you ended up accepted my application of course). :D And by the way, thank your for the amazing release! It was the cherry on my imaginary sunday!… Geez, now I wish I had a real sunday… Dammit! But yes, seriously thanks for all your hard work guys, its very much appreciated!

I’m glad you asked! (Also, I’m glad it made your fictional day!) If you’d like to apply for a position, run (DO NOT WALK) to the Forum and scroll on over (REALLY FAST) to the application boards! Just follow the instructions in the post, and bam. We’s in business.

14. litoxpinky says:

THANK YOU FOR FIXING IT! <3

THANK YOU FOR FIXING IT! <3

Haha, I’m going to have to do extra testing with Chrome from now on. It interprets code WAY different from Firefox, IE, and Safari lol

Comments are closed.