Moving the way turtles do

FIRST THINGS FIRST: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRUIC!
Our favorite frenchie. ♥

Ahem. WELCOME TO NEW RELEASE DAY. In typical Turtle Fashion (TM), we’re bringing you… the same damn series we released two weeks ago? Well, ha-ha. Ain’t that grand. GOOD THING THEY’RE MY FAVORITES. (Disclaimer: EVERY TURTLE PROJECT IS MY FAVORITE.) Also ditching the “24 hours before download is available” thing ’cause it didn’t work out anyway. SOBBING GET MY STUFF OFF YOUR READERS GUYS, YOU’RE DEFEATING THE PURPOSE OF SCANLATIONS. ALSO. Stick around after the release announcements to see why the hell it’s still taking us so long to release stuff, and what you might be able to do to help.

Lost Universe Lost 17: Sacrifice II
Read Online
Download

This chapter is why I hate Canal with everything I have. I don’t care how they try to explain it all away later on. I see this figure, and all the only expression I see on her face is “Teehee, I AM SATAN.”

THIS BALL OF EVERYTHING THAT GIVES ME RAGE was typeset, as always, by the lovely ZippyZippy, edited by c0de_da1sy, and QC’d by Melfra. NEXT!

The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor chapter 17:
“Home: The Reasons We Run, and What it Means to Stay (II)

Read Online
Download

You know, I’m surprised there wasn’t any discussion about how the way Kizuna acted last chapter. It wasn’t necessarily out-of-character, but it kind of ticked me off all the same. OH WELL SHE’S BACK TO HER MOE-MOE ANTICS THIS TIME AROUND. And then… Well. Asai’s a dick, okay. Let’s leave it at that.

Edited by c0de_da1sy, typeset by Zippy, and QC’d by Melfra and Clov3r. YES THAT WAS THE BEST I COULD COME UP WITH, SORRY GUYS. OTL Hey, I’m burninated out.

NOW AS PROMISED, A STATUS REPORT.

Barajou no Kiss – Remember when Mommy said she didn’t have a favorite? Mommy lied. It’s no secret that Barajou no Kiss is my favorite ever, right up there with Slayers (sorry Anis, there’s no usurping that title, but you can try!), so it’s especially sucked that we haven’t been able to release anything for it lately. Basically, one of our cleaners ran off with the cleans. A while ago. So what should have been a quick two day typesetting job turned into a two-week editing frenzy between Zippy, Melfra, and myself– and we’re not even editors. No worries though, 34 is in QC at the moment, so that should be surfacing shortly.

Junketsu Kareshi – The redheaded stepchild, lol. Frankly, it’s on hiatus. We NEED, NEED, NEED editors for this if it’s going to get off the ground, because nobody on staff wants anything to do with it. I haven’t made the series’ status a closely guarded secret or anything, but for those who don’t feel like reading the project page, no, we don’t have volume 4 yet, (That would be the continuation of where we left off) because importing shit is expensive as hell and I just can’t afford it right now. As also previously stated, when we pick it up, it’ll be from the very beginning, interspersed with some of the more recent chapters, because frankly, I don’t agree with the previous translation. And the previous translation doesn’t agree with the current events. That’s not to say mine is perfect, though — I’ve already mistranslated a few things with the chapters we’ve done, and I need to rectify those when the time comes. Long story short, we need more people on staff who are interested in this, or it’s not going anywhere. Hit the forum and do the editing test to see if you’ve got the skillz.

Mebius Gear – Needs INTERESTED TYPESETTERS. Like, “HEY REB HURRY THE FUCK UP I WANT TO TYPESET THIS” interested. It’s kind of at a standstill because it’s a legit pain in the ass to typeset, and I’m not spreading my time between Shouoto and Mebius, lawl.

Super Darling! – Should have been done two months ago, but w/e. This is going to need dedicated editors, and I mean DEDICATED, because it’s seriously making Fishiko short-circuit.

Long story short: We need editors freakin’ BAD. Typesetters only if you’re interested in Mebius. (And tell me so when you’re taking the test, a’ight?) Also, due to popular demand, the donate button’s back up. Yaaaaay.

13 thoughts on “Moving the way turtles do

1. meodien1812 says:

I was just about to go sleeping, but there was something called me to check the Baka-Updates’s release site and OMG Turles’s releases!! I’m overjoy now xD. Well, it’s sad but I realized that I’ve missed two chapters before this one of The Sleepy Residents…Well, I’m way too sleepy to read them right now (then it’d be a waste!), so I’ll check them tomorrow and post proper comment, tee hee. Thanhs as always!

2. Kevin says:

Ahh man, another good chapter! And yes! I feel exactly the same, they just glazed over her antics in the last chapter. Maybe she was like that because she really thought she was going on a date…

Shoot now Asai is even more of a dick… really Yusei? I starting to lose faith. Ughhh! lol. Get it together man.

Thanks for the update as always! Amazing work!

3. Kemm says:

Thanks for the chapters. Have you noticed that the artist of Birdcage Manor thinks that black people grow beard almost instantly? First time Mr. Bell is seen, he is completely shaved, but next time (2 pages later, same scene) he has a neat whatever you call that short moustache that connects with a narrow thread of beard that circles around mouth and chin.

4. Me says:

Thanks for the chapter!
    So, after reading this chapter, I’m left wondering if I even want to finish the series because I hate stories where one of the characters lets an opportunity go because of their significant other (I know Kizuna is not Asai’s girlfriend, but it’s kinda pointing in that direction) So, if he decides to stay, I feel it will feel like a cheap trick, so I don’t know if I want to keep reading and find out and get angry, or just give uo.
    Ah, decisions, decisions….

Thanks for the chapter!
    Ah, decisions, decisions….

I’m trying not to give anything away, but Birdcage isn’t particularly conventional! There could be a solution that makes [s]almost[/s] everyone happy. Just want you to keep that in mind :3

6. Writer In Training (WIT) says:

Wait, am I missing something? Do we have a new manga in the progress– Super Darling!? Because if we DO, it’s time for some SERIOUS happy-dancing.
    And after the prancing about, I can’t help but wonder what this new manga might be about?
    And thanks again for keeping the posts going, you guys are like a ray of neon red sunshine after a cloudy day–insanely wonderful, you guys, insanely wonderful.

7. Ammy says:

Thanks so much for the releases :) What really surprised me was that her “Daddy Long-Legs” was first mentioned in this chapter. If this wasn’t based on a novel, I’d say that the mangaka simply used a deus ex machina due to lack of ideas. When I skimmed through the first few chapters, there was only one scene where she started writing a letter in English (since she was looking for a dictionary) and how she mentioned she had no parents. I’ve been wondering for a while already how she could afford to live in that kind of place without anyone to back her but well …
    I really hope things will wrap up nicely^^

Thanks for the LU release, but… what the hell just happened? O_O

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE AWFUL AWFUL TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THINGS.

RAAAAGING HAAAAAARD.