A new project! And some good ol’ fashioned gun-slinging action

Remember how I said we wouldn’t be doing it? Yeaaahhh, about thaaaat…

I always seem to be in a rush on Tuesdays! I DON’T KNOW WHY, BUT I DON’T LIKE IT. You know what else I don’t like? NOT READING LOST UNIVERSE! That’s right, we’ve got a new swash-buckling SPACE ADVENTURE for you here at TP, brought to you by fantasy great Hajime Kanzaka, author of such series as, oh, I don’t know, SLAYERS. I kid you not, I am absolutely giddy about this series, and I hope you guys enjoy it, too.

Download Lost Universe, Ch. 1: [START]

To round off our week, we have yet another chapter of Wild Arms: Flower Thieves for your reading pleasure! Maxi is as much of a dork as ever, and Jechika, well… Jechika’s just angry. Always. But at least she kicks ass! And of course, Guy’s on the cover yet again, but I’ll bet that’s just so we don’t forget who he is. (How could we!? Hohohoho.) Enjoy!

Download Flower Thieves, ch. 6: Mon Ange, ne M’Oubliez Pas

Read up! These will be added to the reader later tonight. For now, enjoy, and see you next week!

18 thoughts on “A new project! And some good ol’ fashioned gun-slinging action

1. Necrophagia says:

Hello, i’m the group leader of Ascension scanlations i bought vol 3 of lost universe about 2 weeks ago… i was planning to do vol 3 for quite a while now. would you like to do vol 3 as a joint? I’ll do the editing, scanning. and you guys do the translation. i’ll even debind the book.

Before giving you an answer, I’d have to talk it over with the rest of the staff… However, in my opinion a joint would be unlikely- everyone involved with this project are big fans of the series and we’ve been working on preparation for a while, so I’m not sure how well the idea would be received.

Regardless, we intend to do the entire series from start to finish, since it’s not so easy to find the scanlations outside of online readers and I don’t want to leave new readers out of the loop by skipping straight to volume 3 (ironic considering the SEDS debacle years back, but let’s not go there). I just don’t see any particular reason for us to go solo on the entire series and then do the final volume as a joint.

3. Necrophagia says:

it’s pretty easy to find scanlations of v1-2 outside of online readers… mangatraders, stoptazmo, lurk. I asked you guys, so that… we could help each other and not waste time & money by doing the same project.

Maybe you would be wasting your time, but our staff loves this project to bits and pieces. (See Zippy’s comment, lol – she’s the typesetter!) We all signed onto this project knowing that the other chapters were available elsewhere, but we wanted to bring our version to the table as well, adhering to our (as some say) high standards, and giving the people who follow us as well as general fans of Lost Universe a work the quality of which would do the title proper justice.

You go ahead and do whatever you want to do, and we’ll do what we’re going to do– have a rollicking good time with Kain and friends. =P

Oh, OH, OH !

Fun excitement idea friends ! I will have to tell that to everyone :)

<3333 I'm so stoked! Melly and Tom read the first few scanlated chapters a few months ago, saw it wasn't complete, and then Melly imported the volumes and, uh... she's been having trouble debinding them because she can't get them out of my hands. xD

Yeah, I know they’re available on sites like that, so of course it’s not impossible to find them, just difficult for those who don’t know about that kind of site. It’s not a driving reason behind our adoption of this project, so I’m not too worried about it.

Regardless, we all like this series so we just wanted to try bringing our own version to the table. If you look at the projects page, you’ll see that we’re big Kanzaka fans here =P But like I said before, the staff working on the project loves it, and despite it having been released previously (four years ago, if memory serves), we’re still having a blast working on it. As for the financial aspect, I’ve had the volumes debound for a while and am working on the scans, so I think we’ve breached the point of no return (of course, there’s always binding the books after they’re scanned, so no loss either way). As for the staff decision, I haven’t been able to get in contact with the rest of the members regarding the project as a joint, but as the translator has already said she is against the idea (not that I blame her, as she’s been burned by joint projects in the past anyway), so I don’t think it’s a possibility.

Still, we won’t get in your way if you decide to continue with your release of volume 3. There’s no law against multiple groups scanlating the same series, after all, so I hope you have as much fun with your project as we are with ours!

7. omgfloofy says:

How did I miss you guys?! I’m a HUGE fan of Flower Thieves, for one. :o

Also, seeing someone starting to do scanslations for Lost Universe simply makes me inspired to really work on getting Lost Universe Database up and running and active again. ;o;

How did I miss you guys?! I’m a HUGE fan of Flower Thieves, for one. :o

lol, I was just cruising around on your site last night, too xD

I love Flower Thieves. I almost don’t love how fast we’re doing it… I mean, how am I going to get my Maxi fix after we’re done with this asl;dfj

9. Necrophagia says:

@rebmastu i see that you deleted your crappy comment towards me. learn your manners a little D: i asked nicely about a joint… i didn’t swear or anything like that… so don’t come crashing down on me.
    @Melfra Hmm… Well ok, i understand. but since you guys said that you’re going to do the entire series including the final volume, i’m gonna back out. I don’t like doing another version of the same series. Anyway good, luck… am waiting on the final volume from you guys.

Don’t mind Reb, after the last attempted joint, she’s very jaded about the whole idea of them. On the plus side, she did regret how short she was with you, which resulted in her deletion of that comment. However, after your comment regarding it, I’ve reinstated it at her request; we’re not trying to hide from anyone on that front.

As for the final volume, well, don’t you worry! We’ll get it out super quick for your (and everyone else’s) enjoyment!

(fun fact: I was wrong about how long it’s been since the last release for this series. It’s actually been 6 and a half years lolol)

11. Emily says:

I’m still waiting for Birdcage manor xD Everyday I jump to your website to make sure I didn’t missed the new chapter if it’s already out haha thanks for the HQ scanlations, TP!

12. Rose Spinoza says:

Hi hi, just wanted to say that I’m loving the Wild Arms manga. Thanks for scanlating it ! And I can’t wait to read more :) .

Comments are closed.