Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku ch.19 And A new project!

You know it’s gonna be… uh, something else when Koshi Rikudo’s involved.

Welp, due to technically difficulties, it almost looked like we’d be a little late for Monday’s release day… But we pulled through in the end! It’s all about love, guys. REMEMBER THAT. (Hah. Get it? Memorial day? Remember? Gawrsh, I crack myself up sometimes.)

ANYWAY. First off, we have chapter 19 of Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku! Man! We’re really churning them out, aren’t we? And heck, this chapter weren’t half bad, either! Have at ye, datenroku fans. READ AWAY, and whatnot.

Download Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku vol. 4 ch. 19

HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUYS! WE HAVE A NEW PROJECT! Mmm, fresh meat. Fresh meat is the best meat, unless you listen to Naga, who seems convinced that meat tastes best just before it spoils, but no one takes a black sorceress who dresses like THAT seriously, now do they? (Ah, Slayers humor. Hey, you guys miss Slayers, right…? Heh. Heh. Heh.) ANYWAY. It’s explicitly gory, there’s T&A galore, and lots. and lots. of sex. So be warned that this is most assuredly not for minors. With that said, though, it’s GREAT, RAUNCHY FUN. Here’s the summary!:

There is a strange breed of mechanical creatures, aptly called “Machines,? who will, on the condition that their Host never love another person for as long as they live (else the debt will be paid in blood), grant their wielders fortune and prosperity. And where a Host has betrayed his Machine, you are sure to find a member of the mysterious Gari family, wielders and hunters of Machines, in the ensuing carnage…

So it was justifiable when the Gari family was dispatched to Shakunage High School to covertly investigate a brutal murder perpetrated by the spindly hands of a Machine… But it wasn’t so justifiable when Hanare Shizuma, a youth with an agenda of his own, enrolls at the High School soon thereafter, hell-bent on conducting his own investigation – and soon meets the head of the family of hunters, shockingly enough, a girl his own age. But little do either of them know that their encounter will set the cogs of fate spinning rapidly into motion…

Aaand there you have it. So if you feel so inclined, check it out and tell us what you think! Oh. And it’s definitely not work safe. Seriously. Don’t try it.

Download Mebius Gear vol.1 ch.01: A Destined Love

And that’s it for this week’s Monday releases! Stay tuned for our next installment, date yet to be determined. (But it’ll probably be on a Monday, hurr hurr.)

19 thoughts on “Evangelion Gakuen Datenroku ch.19 And A new project!

1. heehee says:

It was a bit hard to get into it (I didn’t believe it that it was full of sex and stuff, so I was still surprised in spite of your warning. But I still liked it, even more nearing the end when we get to know that Maria is such a bad ass! I love her that way! lol!

YES. The entire first chapter leads you to believe one thing… and then it just flips EVERYTHING on its head. It’s great! Oh man, I love Mebius. <3

3. T1 says:

I was surprised…really. I wouldn’t have expected such a title from a group that mostly deal with funny shounen and cute shoujo/josei.

Anyway I read it…can’t say I’m really into it. For this manga first chapter isn’t enough to tell me if it’s a great manga or just a idiotic seinen with sex and violence as the main theme….hope it becomes great.

Comments about the chapter: The cover is sooooo misleading. Same with the chapter. You keep thinking that the main char is the guy who’s actually really annoying(Yes, I’m a guy and I don’t like this kind of personalities) to read about. Since the chapter was called “A Destined Love” which is also misleading, lol, I was expecting both to become a “couple” at the end. The back cover is also misleading…they actually killed the chick who was there, lol, and there were no feelings from the girl who was supposed to be her “bestfriend”. Main heroine…she’s a bitch/asshole….good for her. If she’s like that in the rest of the story too…then I wouldn’t want to read a manga like this. Reason: I like my chars to develop in the story, especially when the manga is like a typical shounen based on sex and violence. Bad examples could be Golgo 13, Sniper Spider or VF-outsider story. BUT since this group picked it up I’m sure it’s gonna be great ;) (Yes a compliment!) I normally like nearly every manga you pick.

Keep up the great work and thanks for scanlating good stuff for us.

4. T1 says:

Extra input: Just noticed that it’s Koshi Rikudou……Arahabaki was—well it could have been better. *Starts hoping that this one is better* In my opinion K.R. fits perfectly in the comedy genre…Excel Saga is still great and will keep being that forever. XD

@T1 Hey, as long as you read it, that’s enough to please the punch out of all of us who worked on it. xP

Hmm… I’ll try to explain it in a way that doesn’t really spoil anything further down the road. Let’s just say the sex is gradually phased out but doesn’t disappear entirely (though there are chapters completely void of it), though that’s to be expected from a series which deals with more adult forms of love, but the violence doesn’t really disappear, which is understandable to a certain extent. Looking back on it, I don’t *think* it gets quite as grotesque in forms of dismemberment as this first chapter, but don’t quote me on that!

The next chapter should be pretty interesting, as it deals with the relationship between the host and the machine. I suppose you could call it a side story, because neither of the main characters really show up. (And I’d say it’s split 50/50 between Maria and Shizuma as to who’s the main character. There’s a lot of conflict, there.)

ANYWHO! Thanks for posting your thoughts. It is kind of a different one for us, huh? But it’s still a favorite of mine. =P

6. sansan says:

I think I can say we were all surprised by the new project. I was expecting some josei smut or something. I don’t enjoy the genre of Meibus Gear, but the plotline is very intriguing. It actually -has- a decent plotline, compared to the other stuff I’ve tried reading with similar genres. In fact stuff like that makes me downright uncomfortable. -is a wimp- But, the story really kept me distracted from, well, everything else. X’D
    The whole thing of “betrayal” was really interesting. Machines developing feelings? *A* Actually the whole machine host thing is interesting.
    Anyways, I think I’ll continue reading as new releases roll by. :3 And thank you for Evangelion as well. <3

7. es says:

Great Release, would like to thank EVA for the chapter. Mebius Gear have a interesting plot and storyline, i think that lots of Readers would like it.

8. Anonymous says:

Hm, interesting new project. I find a lot of the action a bit difficult to follow, and I’m not yet sure what to think about the basic premise, but it looks like there’s probably enough atypical and good about the series to make up for any shortcomings. I hope to see more of it!

A few belated (sorry!) minor typo corrections for you:
    cover: “persue” -> “pursue” (two instances)
    “young named” -> “young man named”, I assume
    page 31: Not sure about this one, but perhaps “I’ll put it on my own” could be slightly reworded? I suspect you intended “put it on on my own”, but it kinda works with just one “on” (if you assume she trailed off from saying “I’ll put it on my own butt”, or something like that).
    page 33: “hoomroom” -> “homeroom”
    page 35: Not a correction, but, am I missing something with the asides about panties in the top left panel? I’m confused.
    page 49: “we’re passed” -> “we’re past” or “we’ve passed”

Anyway, thanks for all your work on another attention-worthy series!

9. Nahono says:

Evangelion? For at least 11 years at least I have detested that anime. A lot of Scanlators have problems of picking up too much new stuff & leaving the stuff they were working on prior unfinished.

10. Allaiyah says:

Ugh, hentai…the only actual sex I can tollerate is yaoi or weird hentais where the guy is a weak wuss & the chick is a scary dominatrix, though have a high tollerance for ecchi. & yes, I do miss Slayers. I’m dying for the next chapter. Thanks for all the work you guys have done one getting the Slayers mangas translated! <3 I'm sad that the last one is almost complete.

Oh yes, if anyone here loves Slayers, I recommend going over to MangaFox & reading the Dragon Half series.

@Anon: Lawl, if you’re the same guy as always, thanks again for helping us out. It looks like a v2 of Mebius is the only thing we have ready for release this week. OTL

Good thing we’re not “a lot of scanlators,” hohoho!

& yes, I do miss Slayers. I’m dying for the next chapter.

Worry not! New chapters are on the way! (And puh-leeze, there’s a lot more where that came from. >=3 Slayers is a staff fave, so you can bet we’re not gonna say “G’bye” so soon!)

12. Anonymous says:

Hah, wondered whether you’d recognize me! (But “as always”? I thought it was just once or twice before.)

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post:
    On page 59, the dialogue is just slightly ambiguous. When she says “the same way it does”, I assume she’s referring to killing her lovers. But with that thing making an appearance in the background in that same panel, it could possibly be mis(?)interpreted as meaning “There’s nothing in the world that comes close to getting me off the same way my beloved machine does!” So, yeah, just something to maybe consider rewording. (At the very least, it wouldn’t do much to reduce the ambiguity, but I think using the pronoun “that” would sound slightly more natural than “it”.)

Anyway, happy to be of any help. ^^

@Anonymous
    Sure, but I consider you a regular by now, heheh.

Hmm… I’m not sure if I’d change that line. The original Japanese script presents that line ambiguously as is, using the ambiguous “konna”, or roughly, “something like this,” which makes it hard to tell if she’s talking about the machine or the killing aspect, but contextually speaking, it’s safe to assume she’s probably talking about the latter. Personally, I thought a suitable balance was struck, so I’m hesitant to make any overtly extraneous alterations, but I’ll definitely keep your suggestion in mind for when we eventually release a v2. (My external unfortunately fried the other day, so that may take some time, sadly enough.)