The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor v1ch01

ch01
Birdcage has quickly become a Melly-recommended series for its quirky art and interesting slice-of-lifey story.

Finally, we have one of our more anticipated new series up for download! This one’s by Takarai Rihito, based on the novel of the same name by Kabei Yukako, which, incidentally, just ended a couple of months ago at six volumes. That said, this is definitely a new one for us at Turtle Paradise for its more mature story-telling style and often bitter-sweet themes, not to mention irony. It’s difficult to put into words just how amazing this is, so go ahead and download it, then tell us what you think! (It’s a bit of a large download at almost 20 megs big, mostly due to the immense 60-page chapter. Hooooly smokes!)

Download The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor vol1 ch01 – Street Brave Girl (I)

On that note, we’re still looking for new staff members, especially editors! Most of our staff’s been sidetracked with school and, well, life. Visit our forum for more information! (Note that you must have at least 5 posts to apply.)

17 thoughts on “The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor v1ch01

1. mango says:

OMG THANK YOU!! I’ve been waiting for this because I really love this artist for her BL story Seven Days and I’m sure this one is really good as well<3 Thanks again can't wait for the next!

2. catzcradle says:

Thank you so much for picking up this project! I’ve been wanting to read this for ages ever since I picked up Seven Days, haha. xD

After someone mentioned Seven Days on our projects page, I had to take a look at that, too! And even though BL usually isn’t my thing, I loved it so much! I think I’m a fan of the author now =P

4. Lana says:

OMG!!Holy…!!! Finally I can read it, thanks to you! I’ve been searching for raws everywhere but couldn’t find it :(
    Thank you for picking it up! *hugs*

5. Anonymous says:

[TP]birdcagemanor_v1ch01_006.png and [TP]birdcagemanor_v1ch01_007.png are identical. Might as well remove one of them from the archive, and maybe rename the other to “[TP]birdcagemanor_v1ch01_006-007.png” or such.

Also, with a constantly fluctuating exchange rate (not to mention ongoing inflation over time), seems a little silly to provide U.S. dollar equivalents down to the penny. I’d just round off to the nearest dollar, and use “?” instead of “=”. (Yeah, I know, it’s a minor point.)

Some corrections:

Page 12:
    “in mix” -> “into the mix”

Page 13:
    “at end” -> “at the end”

Page 27:
    “I’ve don’t date” -> “I don’t date” (Or maybe “I haven’t dated”? Dunno what the original Japanese was.)

Page 43:
    “ttold” -> “told”

Page 45:
    “attendence” -> “attendance”

And personally, I’d prefer to see “??” romanized more consistently as “Yuusei” rather than just “Yusei”. (Applies to pages 32 and 53, but not page 30, where it’s already “Yuusei”.)

Anyway, thanks for the release!

6. Anonymous says:

Whoops, a correction to my own correction:

Page 13:
    “blew up the end” -> “blew up at the end”

(And for future reference, how does the system here decide whether or not I have permission to edit my comments after I post them? It’s letting me edit this one, but not my previous one.)

Thanks for the heads up, Anon! I’m working on a v2 as I type.

As for Yusei’s name, I’m actually going off the official romanized versions of the characters’ names as listed in volume one of the novels, hence, also, “Etoh” as opposed to “Etou”. Still, thanks for pointing that out. (Now go apply for QC. Do it.)

And this is why we need two QCers… Um, I guess? =/
    Geeze, if you have enough time to pick apart a release, just apply or something! Also, comments can’t be edited after a certain amount of time has passed. I believe it’s five minutes.

9. No longer entirely Anonymous says:

> As for Yuseis name, Im actually going off the official romanized versions of the characters names as listed in volume one of the novels, hence, also, Etoh as opposed to Etou.

Oh, I see, never mind then. (Out of curiosity, has the novel been translated, or did the romaji names appear in the original Japanese novel?)

> comments cant be edited after a certain amount of time has passed. I believe its five minutes.

Ah, thanks, that explains it.

> Geeze, if you have enough time to pick apart a release,

Oh, but I don’t have enough time to do so! I just did it anyway. ^^

> Thanks for the heads up, Anon! … (Now go apply for QC. Do it.)
    > just apply or something!

Hah, those’re some of the most positive responses my nitpicking has received thus far!

Well, I think I’m already spreading myself far too thin to officially go and join any scanlation group. Plus, with just one chapter, I can’t tell for sure quite yet whether or not I’ll continue to remain interested in this Birdcage manga (seems likely, though). But if you really want some pre-release QC help from me for future releases of this series, you could try sending me a download link via private message over at MangaUpdates.com whenever you’ve got a chapter release candidate to be looked at, and I’ll try to squeeze in some more proofreading if I can. (I do tend to be quite procrastinatory and distractible, though, so I’d recommend not waiting more than a couple days for a response. I wouldn’t want to hold up a release just because I’ve gotten sidetracked by whatever else of even lesser significance again.)

10. teh says:

thanks for the release! I like Takarai Rihito’s drawing style a lot. Great work on the 60 pages! anyway Turtle Paradise has gotten another stalker. i mean fan.. haha!

11. Anonymous says:

Thank you for the release! I remember seeing this on the Bestseller list of a Japanese website and I thought the cover was pretty neat! I’m glad to see it again here at Turtle Paradise!

12. AnimeAngel4eva says:

WOW. This looks like an awesome story! Thanks for the translations + scanlations :D I’m loving the plot so far :D The first chapter was just like, great :D!!! I’m looking forward for the second chapter :3

13. Kairi15 says:

any chance you could post this on onemanga???
    unfortuantly i can’t download it on my mom’s computer but i would relly lik to read it.