Slayers, Hourglass of Falces ch. 1

Good lord, you’d better have a good excuse for this….

Contrary to popular belief, I don’t have a good excuse for this! Oh, wait, YES I DO – I BLAME FINALS. Well, Melly blames finals. Hey, there’s no way in hell I’d release something this big (and yes, it’s BIG) without getting it QC’d first!

Anyway, I know there are a few people out there who have been looking forward to this release (and some very openly dreading it…) but I’d like to give everyone a fair warning before they download this: This is a mature Slayers title, more in-line with the darkness of the original novels; there’s extremely graphic violence, swearing (at Melly’s behest, of course – “Luke seems like he’d have a dirty mouth!”), and implied sexual situations of the non-con sort later on in the book. AND YES, THERE’S T&A, GEEZE, GET OVER IT ALREADY. That said, it’s one of the better things we’ve seen come from the recent boom in Slayers material lately (both in terms of art and story), PLUS Luke and Millena, so if you think you’re up for it, then download at will!

Download Slayers, The Hourglass of Falces chapter 1 – Vacation! Invitation to a tropical island

That said, this series is incredibly visually intense, so we really do need editors so that we can continue on with the next chapters in a timely fashion. The editor test over on our recruitment page uses pages from chapters 2, 3, and 4 as the basis for the test, so please give it a shot if you have the time.

And on that note, expect another release later tonight! It’s not Slayers related though, sorry guys. )= Oops, I lied. Make that sometime tomorrow morning, or something. xP

19 thoughts on “Slayers, Hourglass of Falces ch. 1

1. Tom the Mighty says:

finals are lame . . . gearing up for last week of class and still about 6 projects to go. But at least this new release will keep me happy.

2. Coco-nut says:

AAAHH THAT WAS AWESOME!! Thank you so much, I can’t wait for the next chapter!! And kudos to whoever did the little nuances in the English dialogue, that was great. :D

And who can hate the artist when they’re a Slayers fan who wants another novel chapter? THAT IS SOMETHING WE ALL SHARE~

Rock on, Mighty Tom, rock on. NOW GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME AAAASS!

EXCELLENT. Your work on this is very professional.

Aaah, thank you so much! I’m flattered! x3 Well, we’re flattered!

Ahaha! I concur! And thank you for the compliment. x3 (God, you guys, STOP STROKING MY EGO XD I’M GETTING A BIG HEAD)

Thank you very much for this manga. I love it! And I love you!

I LOVE YOU TOO =D

I hate to sound stupid but who are luke and millenia, I haven’t seen them before

Luke and Millena show up in volumes 9-15 (basically the second half of the series) of the novels, and act as Lina and Gourry’s rivals or teammates, depending on how the situation works out for them. You could probably say they take the place of Zelgadis and Amelia, who don’t show up past volume 8. They’re badass. xP Also, Luke has one of the pieces of Shabranigdo inside of him. This factors into the Falces manga a few different times.

5. Tom the Mighty says:

Not to mention a badasss finale for the last book. Makes me wish they’d have animated that instead the Revolution/Evolution tripe we got instead.

6. raywing says:

Oooh, this is neat. I have to ask, though: what happened with the last chapter(s) of Evolution? Will they be posted soon?

Patience, grasshopper! We’re… Oh, crud, I was gonna keep it a secret, but commenting here already gives us away, huh. ;_; Yeah, we’re workin’ on it~

8. Tom the Mighty says:

NO! YOU GAVE AWAY OUR SECRET! NOW WE MUST SWALLOW OUR CYANIDE TABLETS! *gulp*

NO! YOU GAVE AWAY OUR SECRET! NOW WE MUST SWALLOW OUR CYANIDE TABLETS! *gulp*

Silly Tom, those were Tic-Tacs!

….Tom? Tooo~m….

…………Oh boy.

10. Makaan says:

Good stuff, but some of us recent Slayer fans coming into the fold and missing out on Volume 9-15 any place to look that up or something?

Wow, new Slayers manga! How long is this series?

Oops! Sorry, I didn’t see your comment. ^^; Falces is one volume long, at four chapters.

You’re not alone. Most people haven’t read volumes nine through fifteen for the fact that there are no translations available for it, just summaries. (And for that, just do a Google search for slayers novel summaries, or something.)

12. Tom the Mighty says:

summaries in terms of reading as if a book or seperate paged translations with breif details?

JUst the Summaries. Though you CAN find a decently translated book 9 if you look hard enough

13. patopurific says:

hi! just wanted to thank you for the scanlations, it’s hard to get these books here! thumbs and toes up!
    greets from Argentina!